- Click the File menu and select Print.
- Choose Adobe PDF as your printer and in the PPD drop-down select Acrobat Distiller. (NOTE—the PPD menu only becomes visible after Acrobat is selected as the printer.)
- Indicate the pages you would like to save or click All to save all pages in the document.
- Check the Print blank pages box.
- Make sure all other boxes are left unchecked.
- NEXT, click the Paper tab at the right.
- Select Custom for Size. A new window will pop up asking for page size. Add one inch to the height and width of your document. For example, if your document is 8.5×11, enter 9.5×12. The extra page size will accommodate crop marks and bleeds.
- Check the boxes next to Printer’s marks, Page information and Center page in print area. Should be displayed for the Printer.
- Leave Tiling at None.
- Leave Scale at 100%.
- NEXT, click the Options tab on the right.
Step 3: PLEASE NOTE—Step 3 must be done in this order.
- Change Send image data to Normal.
- Check the box next to Write PostScript to file. Give your postscript file a name and location by clicking the Browse button. (You are creating a postscript file which you will run through Acrobat Distiller to make a PDF.)
- Change Data encoding to say Send binary image data.
- Choose PostScript and TrueType in the Download fonts menu.
- NEXT, click the Color tab.
- In the upper left corner, choose Color if your job is to be printed in color, or Print colors in black if your job is black only.
- Leave all of the check boxes unchecked.
- Click the CMS Setup… button. Be sure Color Management is set at Off. Click OK to return to the color tab.
- Set the Frequency to 60.0 and the Angle to 45.0.
- NEXT, click the Features tab. Be sure the Resolution is set at Printer’s default.
- Next, click the Save button to save your PostScript (.ps) file. (You are saving a PostScript file, not a PDF. You will run the .ps (PostScript) file through Distiller to create the PDF file.)
- You should now have a PostScript file saved in the location you selected in Step 3.
- Open Acrobat Distiller. Select Press Quality in the Job Options drop-down box.
- Drag your PostScript file into the Acrobat Distiller window.
- Acrobat Distiller will then create your PDF.
- When your PDF has finished saving, open it and view every page.
Your PDF will print as it views.
At CPC, we provide commercial printing as well as promotional services for businesses throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana and all regions of the United States and beyond. Our commercial printing services are relied upon by small business owners, large corporations, government organizations, print brokers, advertising agencies, as well as other commercial printing companies.